Saturday, May 18, 2013

Say No to Bullying!

 

One of greatest components of my teaching experience thus far is being apart of the OLWEUS bullying prevention program at BIS. Recently, I was privileged to be apart of Miss Costello's bullying meeting during my daily substitute teaching experience. During this time, I was able to read and discuss with the class one of my favorite books, "It's OK to be Different" by Todd Parr. This story is really inspirational because it brings to light many differences among people in a fun and exciting way. Each page beings with "It's okay to..." and discusses a wide range of differences including, size, family type, ethnicity, disability, and body image. Overall, it promotes social acceptance among all people and gives children the chance to think about and recognize their unique differences.




No comments:

Post a Comment